We are here to help guide you through the process of dealing with the many different provincial departments, programs and services. We can provide information and assistance relating to any of the following areas:

ministry of government and consumer services


Concerns regarding:

  • Obtaining Birth / Death / Marriage Certificates

  • Obtaining health cards and Drivers Licences

  • Service Ontario

  • Consumer Protection

ministry of transportation


  • Provincial highways such as Hwy 400, which includes road safety, bridges and interchanges and speed limits.

  • Concerns or feedback regarding GO Transit

ministry of education


  • Education concerns regarding the curriculum in publicly funded elementary and secondary schools

  • All concerns regarding individual schools are to go through your local school trustee.

          > Simcoe County District School Board (English Public)

             Phone: 705-728-7570


          > Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board (English Catholic)

             Phone: 705-722-3555


          > Conseil scolaire Viamonde (French Public)

             Phone: 1-888-583-5383


          > Simcoe Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud (French Catholic)

             Phone: 1-800-274-3764


ministry of children, community and social services


  • Issues with the Family Responsibility Office (FRO)

  • Concerns with Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)

  • Issues with Ontario Works

Ministry of the environment, conservation and parks


  • Concerns about Natural Resources and the Environment

Ministry of health


  • Issues with Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP)

  • Local health care concerns regarding: 

          > Hospitals (RVH and Stevenson Memorial

          > Doctors and Specialists

          > Homecare needs

          > Long-Term Care facilities

ministry of colleges and university


  • Concerns and issues with the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)

ministry of labour, training and skills development


  • Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) issues

  • Office of the Worker Adviser

  • General workplace health and safety issues

ministry of municipal affairs and housing


  • Landlord and Tenant Issues

  • Affordable housing situations


Contact: John Brassard,
Member of Parliament

  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls

  • Banking Concerns & Issues

  • Canada Pension Plan

  • Old Age Security

  • Census

  • Citizenship Issues

  • Criminal Law

  • Currency

  • Employment Insurance

  • Federal Income Tax & CRA

  • Foreign Policy & Foreign Relations

  • Immigration/Sponsorship/Visitors Visas

  • National Defence

  • Postal Service

  • Social Insurance Numbers




Municipal Councillor

  • Animal Control

  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls

  • By-law Enforcement

  • Subsidized Housing Issues

  • Land Use Planning

  • Local Public Transportation

  • Local Roads and Snow Removal

  • Noise Complaints

  • Ontario Works (Social Assistance)

  • Police & Fire Protection

  • Property Taxes

  • Recreation

  • Waste Collection & Recycling

  • Water & Sewer Service